Monday 21 August 2017

Soy Luna Season 1 - My Opinion, Thoughts, and Feelings + Two Big Projects


This entry is based on my opinion, thoughts, and feelings about the Latin American TV show Soy Luna. This is only based on the first season.

If you haven't seen the whole first season, I will recommend you to wait with this entry because it contains spoilers from the entire season.


I first heard about Soy Luna in about April, 2016 and I was really in doubt with the show. I started watching Violetta when it arrived to Denmark in October, 2013 and followed the series until the third season's finale in May, 2016. I loved the series and I couldn't stop watching it. Along with Austin & Ally, Violetta was one of the best shows ever to air on Disney Channel in the 21st century.

In the three seasons that aired for Violetta, I may think it was season 3 that was the best part of the history. The characters, the music, the love, and the drama. The creators did a really great job with Violetta. And not to mention the actors who did an amazing acting. As the episodes aired I couldn't get the show out of my head. It was so fantastic. My opinion with Disney movies and TV series is that they will always be better, if you watch them in their origin language. Even that I never have learned Spanish, I would rather watch the show in Spanish with subtitles. Before Violetta ended with the third season, I began to learn a few words in Spanish so I could understand the language a little better. I began also collecting different merchandise based on the show to remember it forever.

When Soy Luna was announced, I was in doubt. I couldn't think that the upcoming series behind the same creators ever could replace Violetta.. I was wrong. I began watching the show when it aired on 10th October, 2016. I was very surprised when I found out that many of the actors from Violetta would play an important role in Soy Luna. I knew it couldn't go wrong if they were added. For every episode I saw, I got feelings for every character. I could follow the characters as they were my real life friends.

The season finale was fantastic but I hoped for a better ending. I never thought Matteo and Luna would say goodbye to each other in the end. After watching all 80 episodes, I thought Luna, Miguel, Mónica, and Sharon would found out that Luna is Sol Benson. After all these mysteries we saw. It's too strange to end the season in that way which I don't like about it. But Nina and Gastón finally became a couple which was amazing. After all, Episode 80 is not the most memorable episode for me. There have been many moments in the entire season I'll remember: When Nina sung in Open Music as Felicity and she revealed herself. Willy Star replaced Mariano when he was in Europe. Nico and Jim kissed for the first time. Felicity and Gastón talked via webcam. Simón would leave Argentina and Jam & Roller because of his feelings for Luna. Tino and Cato made a parody of Sharon and Rey. And all the times Ámbar and Matteo became a couple and broke up.

All of the actors do a great job. My favourite is clearly Luna which is played by the Mexican actress Karol Sevilla. She's fantastic as the role and she couldn't have been replaced by any other. When you watch Soy Luna, all of the characters looks a lot like their actors but in different clothes except for one: Nina. Played by Carolina Kopelioff, Nina is looking different. It's probably the make-up and the glasses that makes her different. Until she disguised as Felicity or is without glasses she looks more like her actor.

Season 2 will soon begin in my country, and I'm looking forward the next episodes. As Soy Luna is one of my favourite TV series, I have begun on two projects about the show. I will not reveal anything yet but I hope you'll like it. I have been working on the first thing since the start of Soy Luna, and hopefully, I can release it in 2018 on the blog. The other thing do I not have worked on in long time but I'll hope it can be released in December at the latest. I will not promise anything but I will do my best to finish it. And I don't think you'll be disappointed. Unless you think I will make any competitions or anything else in that way ;)


What do think was the best part of the first season?

Please do not comment with any spoilers from the next episodes


Image: Disney Channel Denmark

No comments:

Post a Comment