Sunday 29 October 2017

DCOM Descendants 2 - My Opinion, Thoughts, and Feelings


This post is based on my opinion, thoughts, and feelings about the Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants 2.

If you haven't watched the movie yet, I will recommend you to wait with this post, because it contains spoilers from the movie.


Descendants 2 is the sequel of the Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants from 2015.

When the first movie aired in 2015 at the ending, Mal says that the history wouldn't end yet. The sentence was a hint for the 2017 sequel.

Descendants wasn't my favourite movie at all when it came out. Neither Descendants: Wicked World. I just watched the movie and it was all. The cast was great and the music was amazing. But when I read about a sequel I was very excited.

Disney began releasing images from backstage of Descendants 2. (Which I also posted about). I was very excited for the movie. They began casting and one of the roles was Thomas Doherty as Harry Hook. I have last seen him in The Lodge where he's great!

In Denmark, Descendants 2 first premiered on Friday 13th October 2017. Only about two weeks ago. The movie was so great. New music, new characters, and a lot of emotions. The characters have really changed since the first movie and it was awesome. It was told that we would see more of the Isle of the Lost. The place is made fantastic and it feels like a villain place. The ship on the island reminds a lot of Jolly Roger, the ship that's owned by Captain Hook in Peter Pan.

Normally, the first movie in a franchise is better than the sequels. Obviously, this sequel is 100 % better than the first one. And yes, you may not agree with me. That's okay!

I love all the songs in the movie. Most of them is "What's My Name", "Chillin' Like A Villain", "Space Between", and "Ways To Be Wicked". I really love the dance moves in "Chillin' Like A Villain". Most of the characters are returning in the sequel with the exception of Audrey. New characters as Harry (Thomas Doherty), Gil (Dylan Playfair), Uma (China Anne McClain), and Dizzy (Anna Cathcart) was fantastic. I was very excited for Anna Cathcart, because she's the youngest of them all, but she did a great job even though she's only in the movie in few minutes.
I never knew that the actor who was most impressive was Thomas Doherty. All the actors is impressive, but the choice of adding Thomas Doherty as Harry Hook was epic. I love the scenes where he's coming to Lady Tremaine's Curl Up & Dye, and when he meets Evie, Carlos, and Jay after catching Ben. He really identify with the role which is exceptional. Not that I say that the other actors doesn't do a great job but Thomas Doherty is perfect as a pirate. Most of the things that does it are his clothes and the make-up that are used for his character.
Descendants 2 consist also of more references to the Disney Classic movies. Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast (1991) is a part of the movie. Mulan and Mrs. Potts is mentioned in the movie. And the transforming of Uma and Mal which their mothers can do in the movies is perfect made. Not to mention that when Audrey calls Chad, she has been caught in the Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood).

The most touching moment in the movie is at the ending. Mal is almost crying in front of Ben, because Uma has spelled Ben. She wants Ben to remember her, and she tells him that she loves him. The scene is very emotional and you can feel it more because how Mal looks. Her purple hair which is hanging down to her eyes in a different way and her yellow-blue dress.

At the second last scene in the movie we seen some people from Auradon come to Lady Tremaine's store and give Dizzy a paper roll. If you look close enough to the screen you can see what the paper reads. Or you hear it when Dizzy say it. But I will rewrite it anyway: "His Royal Majesty, King Ben of Auradon, and his Councilor Ms. Evie of the Isle hereby request the pleasure of your company, Dizzy Tremaine, for the current academic year at Auradon Prep. Please notify his Majesty's couriers of your response to this request.
We'd love you to join us at Auradon Prep. Will you come? King Ben".

I'm not a fan of favor a movie but I think Descendants 2 is one of my favourite movies. I think I have soon watched the movie 10 times since the premiere date. This is much unlikely for me unless it's a great movie. I have already watched it twice today.
I love the actors in the movie. Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, and Booboo Stewart are great. I have seen Dove Cameron in Liv & Maddie and Cloud 9, Cameron Boyce in Jessie and Gamer's Guide To Pretty Much Everything, and Sofia Carson in Adventures in Babysitting. I'm glad that these actors are a part of the history.


Do you remember the last scene with Uma? She says: "What? You didn't think this was the end of the story? Did you?"

I could have made this entry a lot of days ago but I wouldn't do. The movie was only showed on Disney Channel in Danish and I wanted to hear the origin before making this. It was released on English on DVD 26th October, and I first got it yesterday.

The next chapter of the Descendants will probably be released in 2019 which is two years after the second one. (2015 - 2017 - 2019).

What do you think of Descendants 2? Which movie do you like?

Please also tell me what you think of these entries "My Opinion, Thoughts, and Feelings.


Image: Oh My Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment