Sunday 1 July 2018

Soy Luna Season 2 - My Opinion, Thoughts, and Feelings


This entry is based upon my opinion, thoughts, and feelings about the Latin American TV show Soy Luna. This is based on the 2nd season.

WARNING: I recommend you to skip this entry if you haven't watched Season 2 of Soy Luna. This entry contains important spoilers from the entire show and season.


As the first I want to say is I really don't know how to start this. I really don't know how to explain it. I've just watched the 2 last episodes of Season 2, and I'm just: Wow, how can this be true? The season ended in Denmark on 27th April, but I first saw the ending today when I've been working on a lot of other projects, and I had a lot of Soy Luna episodes to watch at first. I should be honest.

The season was perfect. The ending was amazing. Even though I actually expected another ending scene, I'm really satisfied with how it ended.

I'm not fast when it comes to watching Soy Luna. Even though Soy Luna has got a big place in my heart.

While Season 1 had more focus on Sharon and Rey investigating in who Sol Benson was, Season 2 had more focus on Luna's past.

The Beginning
The season began after the summer where all came back. Sharon and Rey were still looking for the answer of who Sol Benson was, and they finally got the answer in an early part of the season. Sharon and Rey should keep the secret, so Luna wouldn't find out who she was. If Luna found out the secret, she would be the owner of the Benson Mansion and the fortune.

Besides all the secrets of Sol Benson, many other things happened in the entire season. Alfredo, the father of Sharon came to the Benson Mansion. All the employees except for Rey was very happy for Alfredo - especially Tino, Cato and his adoptive grandchild, Luna.

Jam & Roller
Jam & Roller had a hard time during the first part of Season 2, actually from Episode 11 to be accurate. In Episode 10, Ámbar short-circuit the system, but it's first in Episode 11 that Jam & Roller burst into flames - luckily only most the skating rink. Vidia who is the owner of Jam & Roller doesn't want to investigate how the fire started. At a later point, they choose to close the place, but the team at Jam & Roller doesn't give up.

Love & Couples
In the entire season, there was a lot of couples and love. Gastón and Nina were still together as the only couple - with some problems later. Delfina found another in the summer and broke up with Pedro. Matteo tells Luna that their relationship is over.
In the recent episodes, Delfina and Pedro became a couple. Luna and Matteo became a couple too again, but as they couldn't agree on anything, they chose to get away from each other. Simón and Ámbar spent much time together, and Simón got feelings for Ámbar. The "relationship" did not last long as Ámbar used him only for her plan.

The Competition
Vidia held a competition in an Open Music which was only for soloists, where the winner should record an album. Matteo and Simón became the finalists and should make a duel. Vidia chose both of them to record an album. Vidia sent a manager called Bruno to help both of them, but because of Bruno's business strategies, it turned out in problems.

Rodafest
Jam & Roller participate in the Rodafest competition and is against a team called Sliders in the finale. Their team leader Emilia is much like Ámbar.

The New Coach
Juliana, which was the new coach at Jam & Roller after the fire, was very unpopular by the kids. After some time, the kids learned the real Juliana and became friends with her. They found out she was one of the best roller skaters and she got a crystal roller skate.


My Opinion
I was very satisfied with the season. There were many great moments sometimes. New songs were also brought as Allá Voy, Catch Me If You Can and Nobody But You - some of my favourites.

New characters came also to the universe. Benicio was one of them. He came to Jam & Roller and became immediately enemies with Juliana. He was very evil, and together with Ámbar, they got revenge over Juliana with destroying her crystal roller skate. Gary was also one of the newer characters. He's Nicolás uncle and was very obsessed with managing Jam & Roller. They are 2 bad characters which I don't like in any way. Unfortunately, [SPOILERS] someone says they will appear as main characters in Season 3.

I loved the season anyway. When I saw Violetta I always thought that the next season was the best. I want to be honest, and I really love Season 2 of Soy Luna more than Season 1. But I still like both of them, and I could watch them both the whole days

My Thoughts
When I saw Season 2, I thought a lot about Luna's past which was also the most important point of the season. I was very excited to see how it all turned out and I was never unsatisfied. I was very shocked over Sharon and Rey's actions, especially Rey's when he sent the anonymous letters to Sharon. But I may say that the moment that shocked me the most, probably, was when Cato proposed to Amanda after singing in Jam & Roller, and Amanda said yes to marry him.

My Feelings
When I saw Season 2 of Soy Luna, I realized that Soy Luna is my favourite show of all.

The last few episodes of Season 2 was amazing and touching. I was very touched when Luna finally found out that she was Sol Benson, and that Alfredo wasn't her adoptive grandfather.

I really felt sad for Simón after he found out Ámbar hadn't changed at all - except for what she tells Simón with her real-life feelings for him.

I'm really sad that the season is over, but I'm very happy that this wasn't the series finale, even it almost felt like it.

My favourite scenes

I don't think I have a favourite episode besides Episode 1 and 80. If I should choose, it may be Episode 5 or probably 78. My favourite scenes in Season 2 comes from a lot of different episodes, but some of them are:

Episode 5: Luna is singing at the Open Music, and Sharon and Rey find out Luna is Sol Benson.
Episode 29: Luna makes a music video with Sebastián Villalobos
Episode 40: Matteo sings Allá Voy for Luna
Episode 50: Simón and Matteo sings Nobody But You
Episode 76: The reaction of Luna, when Simón tells her that he and Ámbar had kissed
Episode 80: Sharon and Alfredo talk about Luna, and Luna finds out she's Sol.

I have created a list below so you don't only have to read about my thoughts. Season 2 is much focused on Sol Benson between all the characters in the series, so I have written each episode where a character finds out the "secret". I think it would be fun to have a (hopefully) complete list.

Episode 5: Sharon & Rey finds out who Sol Benson is (the first characters in the series)
Episode 62: Ámbar
Episode 74: Alfredo, Tino & Cato
Episode 76: Nina & Ana
Episode 78: Monica & Miguel
Episode 80: Luna & Simón (probably also their friends)


I'm very excited for Season 3. Unfortunately, there are still some months. Disney in Scandinavia have always aired the seasons from October (from the first season of Violetta), so I hope Season 3 isn't an exception.


What was your favourite part of Season 2? And I hope you have enjoyed reading my entry.

PLEASE don't comment with spoilers from Season 3.


Image: Disney Channel Denmark

No comments:

Post a Comment